What is the SRS?
The SRS is a series of four paragliding racing competitions for sports-class pilots which aims to redefine the sports-class as a serious, competitive class in its own right.
What is different about this series?
Here are five things that the SRS will do differently from standard FAI Category 2 competitions:
- The SRS is the leading Sports-Class Series, linking four races each year to find the best sports pilot in the world
- The SRS owns all the latest technologies, from Live scoring to the latest 4G trackers, exclusively available to SRS in the start of 2023
- Lead Out Points will be simplified and easily understandable. Even your granny will understand how they work!
- Scores you can trust. The same scorer will score every race to ensure a standardised approach to scoring
- Safety: the highest priority of any race. The SRS provides the latest trackers and dedicated staff to look after you, the pilot
Are they FAI Cat 2 events?
Yes they are – and pilots will need the usual pre-requisites, including national license, FAI sporting license and insurance to compete.
Can I enter on an CCC on EN-D wing?
No. This series is strictly for Sports class wings: EN-C and below
Can I enter on a 2-liner?
Yes – as long as the 2-liner is EN-C certified.
Do I have to fly in all the races in the series?
No. Every race is a standalone event, just as any other competition. You can just attend a single event if you wish. Your 10 highest scoring tasks throughout the season will count towards your overall series position.
How do I win the series?
The winner will be determined by the pilot with the 10 highest scoring tasks in the season. You need to attend a minimum of two races to score 10 valid tasks.
What prizes are there?
The prizes will be determined as the season progresses. There will be no cash prizes.
Do I need to be a member of the SRS to compete?
All pilots will need to become members of the SRS prior to a place being confirmed in an event for that season. Membership fees help subside the administration of the SRS series.
Can I become a partner?
We are building a strong network of partners to ensure the success of the series. Please do get in touch if this is of interest.