But we have a new aspect to the SRS we would like to introduce. The Constructors Trophy!
Within the SRS series there will be a Constructors Trophy. Glider manufacturers can enter their sponsored pilots into this unique class where, across the season, they can compete for the crown the SRS Constructor Champion.
The Constructors trophy is open to all pilots to represent their favourite Glider , Harness or Instrument manufacturers. Only one trophy will be awarded, but each type of manufacturer can gain recognition of their achievement by the order of ranking.
HOW WILL IT WORK?*
[The 2023 approach to Teams and the Trophy has been updated in April 2023 in response to the tight timescales for establishing this aspect of the series]
We want to reward both pilots and constructors alike. Therefore, the Constructors Class will offer prizes to the winning team in the following manner:
END OF SEASON TEAM POSITION
|1st Place Team
Top 4 team members
|€250 each (Top 4 in team)
|2nd Place Team
Top team member
|€100 each (Top 4 in team)
|3rd Place Team
Top team member
|€50 each (Top 4 in team)
The total value of the team prizes for 2023 will be €1,600 in cash and €1,980 in entry fees for 2024.
In addition, there will be a Trophy to be awarded to the top manufacturer that they can display in their head office, as well as the ability to promote their success to the sport.
- For 2023, entry into this class will be an FREE.
- At each event a team can have a maximum of four pilots, but no more than 3 of the same sex.
- The team members can change from one event to the next.
- The team members can either compete representing a manufacturer, or as an unendorsed team.
- If representing a manufacturer, the pilot must have a letter or email of support from the manufacturer they are representing.
- If unendorsed, the team can be formed adhoc, but the team name must not contain a manufacturers name.
- The manufacturer does not need to be a Partner of the SRS series.
- If representing a Manufacturer team, the pilot must fly with the that manufacturers product.
ie, an Ozone Team pilot must fly an Ozone wing. But he could fly with a harness of any manufacturer
A Woody Valley Team pilot must fly with a Woody Valley harness, but could fly with a wing of any manufacturer, etc
- A pilot may only participate in one team in a season, but that team can fly in all the seasons events.
- For each task, the two highest individual scores within the team will score for that task.
- The winning team of the Constructors Trophy will be the team with the highest aggregate score from their pilots in the season.
- The Trophy will be awarded at the end of the season to the manufacturer that wins overall.
- The prizes will be awarded to the top teams members in a team from the season, for the teams that placed 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
Manufacturers are encouraged to sponsor pilots to enter this class. They should also consider having at least two pilots attend each SRS Edition. The series must be flown on certified gliders, not RFC wings.